Suunto Diving UK are recruiting for a new Ops Manager to be located in Alton, Hampshire.
Scheduled Hours: Full Time, Monday – Friday plus weekend event cover
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Are you an experienced Operations Manager who has a passion for delivering excellent customer service within a sales and distribution centre? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge to exert your skills and expertise? If so then Suunto Diving UK would love to hear from you.
Role and Core Responsibilities
Reporting to the Business Manager you will manage the daily operations of the business ensuring all sales support, distribution and customer service tasks are carried out in an efficient and timely manner. You will also be responsible for ensuring that future demands of the business are considered and will implement changes to meet these.
You will understand the importance of communication and can motivate a small team ensuring customer needs are met and exceeded whilst striving to improve best practice. You will lead by example and are not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and join in all for aspects of the business. You must have a keen eye for detail whilst being able to see the bigger picture to ensure all departments work closely together.
You must be a confident trouble-shooter and manage challenges that arise on a daily basis. You will take the lead with the implementation, sustaining and reporting of KPIs to not only guide all team members, but continually motivate them and ensure that company values are maintained.
You will have experience in inventory management and forecasting/purchasing ensuring that stock is controlled to provide best return on investment. You will be a strong communicator liaising with the internal sales team, Head office staff and trade customers to implement the forecast and for any promotional sales.
You will be responsible for the facilities, infrastructure and health and safety of the site ensuring that all functions can be carried out seamlessly ensuring the wellbeing of staff.
Experience and Qualifications
- Batchelor degree level qualification, ideally in business administration or a similar management qualification (Other qualifications/experience to be considered for the correct candidate)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within an operations role with a strong understanding of sales and distribution
- Team leadership
- Have previously worked in a customer service related field
- Inventory control and forecasting/purchasing
- Health and Safety management
- Scuba diving qualifications would be an advantage
- Sage 50 Accounts experience would be a strong advantage
- Be self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Be self-confident and possess strong leadership skills
- The ability to troubleshoot
- Maintain a methodical and organised approach to working
- Good time management skills
- Have a good business judgement and initiative to make decisive decisions
Excellent remuneration package including benefits and performance based bonus schemes.
Think you can manage this? Apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Suunto Diving UK
Part of the Amer Sports group, Suunto Diving UK are the UK and Irish distributor for the scuba diving product range manufactured by our parent company. We provide sales, distribution and after sales support to all our customers both in the diving trade and end consumers.
Hear more from Roz at The Underwater Marketing Company Blog.
The post Job Opportunity: Suunto UK Seeks Operations Manager appeared first on Scubaverse.
This article was originally published by Scubaverse